CAROM SEEDS (AJWAIN)
Ajwain is that ingredient in our kitchen which if used properly has unknowingly numerous benefits. Ajwain is known to have a great value and existence in Ayurveda too. Ajwain in Telugu is called Omamu.
Benefits of ajwain :-
- Ajwain water is mainly known to have played a great role in preventing and curing digestive problems.
- When ajwain water is drunk on an empty stomach, it proves extremely beneficial for the body.
Ajwain water benefits :-
- reducing the risk of diabetes.
- preventing cardiovascular (heart) diseases.
- aiding problems related to mouth, toothache and bad breath.
- curing constipation and good and early digestion.
- increasing metabolism hence helps in reducing belly fat.
- treating diarrhea.
- curing cold and cough – Add a pinch of black pepper to the ajwain water.
- treating anemia.
- headache problems. Nowadays a headache is a very common problem, but if the headache persists for longer times, then a cup of ajwain water may prove beneficial.
- deworming of abdomen. Ajwain water with a pinch of black pepper aids the worm infection of the abdomen.
- treating insomnia, which is also a very common problem due to our lifestyle so 1 cup of water before bedtime is recommended.
- curing stomach ache
Ques1. How much ajwain water can be consumed per day?
Ans 1. Not more than 4 glasses or we can say not more than 10gm of ajwain per day.
Ques 2. In what cases ajwain should not be eaten?
Ans 2. During ulcerative colitis or ulcers in stomach and even pregnant ladies should also have ajwain water only during constipation or acidity.